Thiopurine Hypersensitivity Reaction is a new study added to the Predicting Drug Side Effects in Gastroenterology (PRED4) at the beginning of 2015.
The inclusion criteria are as follows:
- Aged 6 years or over
- History of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- History of thiopurine exposure in the previous 7 days before the onset of adverse event
- Flu like symptoms severe enough to lead to drug withdrawal even if temporary (symptoms should include one of the following: fever, muscle ache, joint pain)
- Onset of symptoms within 4 weeks of starting thiopurine
- Symptoms resolved within 14 days of drug withdrawal
- Patient tolerated re-challenge with the same thiopurine regardless of dose
- Drug withdrawn due to nausea and/or diarrhoea without any other symptoms
- Objective evidence of Infection
You can also log on to the link www.ibdresearch.net and enter the information here. You will need to request a user name and password from Claire Bewshea email email@example.com.